cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Populating Assignee's Name in Task Item

Hello,

I am a newbie using Nintex and going through the harsh learning curves.

I am attempting to create a workflow that will Assign Tasks to users in a given task list. What I would like to accomplish is for the workflow to automatically populate the assignee's name into the task item once the task is created by the initiator. The initiator of the task item will leave the "Assign To" field blank when creating the new item in the task list.

Is this possible to accomplish?

Thank you.

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
cassymfreeman
Nintex Newbie

Re: Populating Assignee's Name in Task Item

are you using the assign flexi task action or the assign to do task action?  or something else?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

I'm using the Assign To Do Task action.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
cassymfreeman
Nintex Newbie

so the task is being created by the workflow and assigned to the assignee in the configuration of the action?  I am confused as to what your requirement is...  maybe some screen shots would help?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

I'm creating a new item in a task list, however, I do not assign it to anyone:

I assign the task to myself in Nintex, as shown below:

However, the task item in SharePoint does not reflect the assignment (shown below).

Is there an operation that allows me to populate the Assigned To based on the Assignees? Would "Set Field Value" be the appropriate? I hope this clarifies my request.

Thank you!

cassymfreeman
Nintex Newbie

What does your "list" content type look like?

The task that you are assigning with that action will reside in the workflow tasks list won't it?  but you are displaying the issue tracking list?  How are you populating the issue tracking list?

The Set Field Value or Update Item will allow you to update an item in nintex workflow, but I am just confused as to what it is you are trying to do still.  Sorry for all the questions.