cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Populate task id as soon as the task is created

Jump to solution

Just doing some testing I found out the Request Data task action is doing it right. It's the only task action that populates the TaskID even before task completion. I tested all task actions and also included action id on the test. Below you can see the results.

Action IDTask ID
Request DataYesYes
Request ReviewYesNo
Request ApprovalYesNo
Assign Flexi TaskNoNo
Assign TodoN/ANo

James Tyzack‌, can you check this out if this is by design? I hope all task actions will populate their task id as soon as the task item is created.

Labels: (1)
4 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Populate task id as soon as the task is created

Jump to solution

jimbo alba, thanks for doing the testing on this.  Definately voted for your idea to make the task id available as soon as the task is created (Populate task id as soon as the task is created – Customer Feedback for Nintex

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Wish I read this 15 minutes ago.  I just setup the same test and go the same results.   I will vote for this on the UserVoice site. 

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

voted too

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

I did. The solution is not beautiful, but works fine.

On my solution i need an ID item of Workflow tasks to build an external URL.

I used the parallelism action. One branch goes to Flexi multi task and the other goes to query workflow tasks list.

Look, the second branch goes faster then one, so i need to get "Pause for" action.

The first branch creates a task on Workflow Tasks list, and the other, before a time expired, gets the ID.

Query by: Workflow name, outcome (equal Pending), status (not equal Completed), Related Content (the IDItem from my list)  and title ( because  on my solution, from one item to another the content of title field changed)

solution.png

I hope you undertand.