Error on SmartObject server

• 14 January 2016
  • 1 reply

Badge +7

Symptoms

We deleted a SmartObject using K2 Designer in the category "debug" but for some reason there seems to be a reference still in the database. When I open the SmartObject Server in the environment in Visual Studio I get the following error:

This error occurred while attempting to connect to the SmartObject server: SmartObject does not exist on the server. Name: '4366d3c8-468e-4974-8f12-7cf7991e9282'

Since this is an empty debug category we deleted it using K2 Designer. I received a warning but the category is gone. We then ran the following query in SQL Server: SELECT * FROM [Category].[Data] WHERE [Data] = '4366d3c8-468e-4974-8f12-7cf7991e9282'.
It gives us exactly one row.

Diagnoses

It seems that the SmartObject still exists in the K2 DB but it doesn't show up in the SmartObject Tester Tool or anywhere else for that matter.

Resolution

The solution to this was to create a new SmartObject of the same type with the same GUID. This has replaced the erroneous entry in the DB and everything is working now. Later this SmartObject can be deleted again.

1 reply

Badge +5

Can you please give me the instruction on how to create a new SmartObject of the same type with the same GUID?