Image Preview on Nintex Forms

• 5 October 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I am trying to create a form for some basic content creators to post news items to our Intranet. We have an image library which has a preconfigured set of icons/logos to reflect what the content of the particular item relates to. In order for the creator to post an announcement, they need an image URL. To go and fetch this component is unintuitive for those who are less than tech savvy. I simply want them to be able to select an image from a dropdown menu, display what it looks like and populate the URL with said image. I can only get so far as fetching the URL but cannot find any way to display what the image looks like.

Firstly, can I just get off my chest that what I'm trying to achieve should NOT be overly complicated or unavailable as a feature. We live in a digital world, people like imagery, colours and niceties. I simply want to display an image on a form based on a list lookup dropdown selection. Select thing from dropdown - display the image that this dropdown is linked to. That is all.

I have seen the following threads and the work involved to achieve a basic function seems absurd.

Is there no way to use a variable in the "Image URL" field of an Image Control? 

Is there yet no easy and functional way to achieve this?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

the solution on the you referred is quite complex since the requirement  was to show a picture in one common control by the active row in a repeating section.

however, there is posted yet another link to a much simpler solution which only needs 'properly' formatted link to an image.

have you seen it? - Populate a Calculated Value Field with HTML/Picture 

does it still sound too complex to you?

unfortunately there is not any out of the box solution

‌  ‌ image library‌

Badge +2

Thanks

That solution you posted resolved the matter.

For anyone else, please vote the following feature up. https://nintex.uservoice.com/forums/229406-2-nintex-forms-for-sharepoint/suggestions/31782022-dynamic-image-display

It's bewildering that this functionality isn't out of the box. Like having a text box that doesn't accept the letter S.

Badge +4

i agree, this is seemingly super basic request. I think one massive miss from the combination of sharepoint and nintex is to make it user friendly to someone who has not got a lot of sharepoint or coding experience. I have spent so long internally trying to find people who can explain what this does or that does or who know how to manipulate sharepoint/Nintex it is ridiculous. Massive customer experience fail.