cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Person look up field displays characters instead of name

I created a workflow from a SharePoint list that includes a person/group lookup field that pulls from our Active Directory.  When I add it to the Nintex Send Notification email in the Subject line or body of email it displays text like this - i:0#.w|ibcs\smithjl instead of the person's name as it appears in the SP list. The last part of the text is part of our domain and user name.  

I used the Insert Reference and then Item Properties to pull in the field.  We're using Nintex 2016 and SP 2013.

Is there a way to get the person's actual first and last name to display in the email?

Labels: (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Person look up field displays characters instead of name

@linda .....below is the link to my solution (look for accepted solution)......you can use Query User Profile action to get the first and last name as seperate value.

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-for-SharePoint/Get-display-names-from-a-Person-and-Group-colu...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Person look up field displays characters instead of name

Thanks.  I saw that earlier but don't know how to complete those steps.  I found a Collection Operation but it doesn't have the same options as your screen print.  Do I create it and put it after the Send Email notification step?  This is the first approval workflow I've created so trying to figure it all out.

0 Kudos