cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

Re: Performing calculations with Nintex Forms using the calculated value control

Bruce, Finally I got the problem,

My calculated control is running in a panel, I make it hide when the form loads. On click of a check box I make it visible.

If don't do the above hide and unhide thing, it works. It seems either the calculated control does not work on hide mode or the item value control doesn't trigger the change event.

Anyway managed to achieve the result with conditional calculation

If({some condition},sum(POEstimate),ListColumnValue)

Thanks

Soj

Accept as Solution Reply
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Performing calculations with Nintex Forms using the calculated value control

Sojan,

Yes hiding it removes it from runtime which then causes it not to show.  Glad you figured that out.

Shoutout to Bruce Altner​ for his guidance on this also. Great job community.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Help with my percentage calculation on Nintex Form.
I have the following formula:

(Expenditure-PlannedExpenditure)/PlannedExpenditure*100

The results shown as this:

The above results are correct (note the decimal places is set to 0 for the percentage).

However, if the planned expenditure is NULL than the percentage is logically infinite, right?
In this case, in the form it is shown as 0% but in the actual SharePoint table the field remains blank.

Using the same approach in Excel; it shows an error:
Note if I use *100 on excel, the percentage does not round to 0 decimal.

Question is; how to modify my current formula on Nintex Form (calculated field)
so that it calculates the percentage as seen in the first 2 pictures but also shows 100% when Planned Expenditure is 0 (zero)

ThankYou

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi

i really think it will be easier to support you if you post a new question in

thanks

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

ok then, just did not want to open new section each time I ask a question.

Although it seems that my question is more or less the same as here.

Never mind, created new subject: https://community.nintex.com/message/59691-help-with-percentage-calculation-calc-field

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I'm going to pose my question here because I'll probably just get pointed back to this thread if I start a new one.

My calculation is all messed up. Why can't it handle values 100.00 and over?

Thanks

Kassie

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Or post a new question referring to this by @mentioning it so people know you read it..?  :-)

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi Kassie McCool

Your formula should be

sum([AcctAmount1,AcctAmount2,AcctAmount3])

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

yea, I ended up figuring it out. This is the same thing I left out with another calculated value I posted previously. You'd think I would learn. :-/

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Please I need your help on this, Now I have 2 text box in Nintex forms

TextBox1                                            textbox2 

If user type or change value in Textbox1 less than <1,000,000      ---- textbox2 value will be "Incidental".

If user type or change value in Textbox1 between (1,000,000 -10,000,000)     ---- textbox2 value will be "Minor".

If user type or change value in Textbox1 between (10,000,000 -20,000,000)     ---- textbox2 value will be "Moderate".

If user type or change value in Textbox1 between (20,000,000 -100,000,000)     ---- textbox2 value will be "Major".

If user type or change value in Textbox1 greater than (>100,000,000)     ---- textbox2 value will be "Severe".

I try calculated value to do this , when I use calculated value form not showing when I try to add new item , I try to add rule also this is not helpful.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply