cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Performing calculations with Nintex Forms using the calculated value control

Sojan,

Can you share a screenshot of your form.  It should recalculate automatically.

0 Kudos
baltner
Nintex Newbie

Re: Performing calculations with Nintex Forms using the calculated value control

I've noticed that form variables are not properly set when the form loads (see my post on this here: https://community.nintex.com/thread/9886).  So if you are using a from variable in your calculation, or as a condition, it may not give you the behavior you expect on loading.

0 Kudos
sojanm
Nintex Newbie

Here is the screen shot, design mode

The calculated value controls is just use the formula sum(PTEstimate)

0 Kudos
sojanm
Nintex Newbie

Hi Bruce,

I tried with form variables and direct formula, both are not working.

0 Kudos
baltner
Nintex Newbie

Does PTEstimate even have a value when the form loads? From your screen shot it looks like the user is first expected to select an internal order number before a PTEstimate appears in the single-line text box.

Here's a test I did with a simple form. The picture on the top is for a new form with no rows.  The sum of item value is 0 because there is no item value.  But when I add two rows, save the form, then open it, the calculated value is the sum of the two item values, as shown on the bottom.

cv0.pngcv1.png

sojanm
Nintex Newbie

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the reply and the effort, this scenario works for me too. The problem is once I save it and open again on edit mode, it does not recalculate. The repeat section values appear but the total will be zero. The total recalculates if I change the item value on edit mode.

Thanks,

Sojan

0 Kudos
baltner
Nintex Newbie

Sojan:

I cannot reproduce this error in my simple test form. I suspect that something else (another control or form variable or a setting in your calculated control) is causing this behavior. Are you connecting this control to a list column that itself is a calculated field?

0 Kudos
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Sojan,

Just reading what you wrote about the scenario, you are seeing the expected functionality as it should happen. The value is calculated on a change.

So if you start on load with "0" or null, then it will start with "0" or null. This value will then change when you add values for it to calculate by adding a row of data. When you save that form, it will show a calculated value for you.  If you then view the form, the control should just display that same value that was shown before as the calculation was already done and a value was displayed.

To display a new value, you would need to change one of the values for the calculation by adding a new row or changing one of the inputs on a currently displayed row.  This would cause it to recalculate the values of the control.

Hope that helps

0 Kudos
sojanm
Nintex Newbie

Bruce, I tried both connected and not connected on total calculated value control. The total calculated value control formula.

The form when it loads on edit mode

when I change the row value on edit mode

Thanks

0 Kudos
baltner
Nintex Newbie

Sojan:

Yeah, it shouldn't do that. At this point I'm extremely curious as to why this is happening.  Can you export your form and attach it to this thread?