cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

PeoplePicker collection - Coercion Failed: Unable to transform the input lookup data into the requested type

Hi,

I have a list named Personnel which has a people picker filed that can be multiple person. 

There is a second list named MTarget, Dept and Position are lookup fileds to the Personnel list

I have a workflow on MTarget, this workflow runs on item creation and has to create an item per person in a third list.

the workflow does a query list to Personnel, filters based on Dept and Position, returns Personnel, then I put this personnel in a Multipleline of text, split with ";" and set the result to a collection variable:

But I got this on running workflow:

this is the foreach action:

I used both string and peoplepicker type for varPerson and got the same error!

Ant thoughts would be appreciated!

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: PeoplePicker collection - Coercion Failed: Unable to transform the input lookup data into the requested type

can you post configurations of single actions?

have you checked what exactly you get returned from query list action and what's exact varPersonel value being input to create item action? - write them to log

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: PeoplePicker collection - Coercion Failed: Unable to transform the input lookup data into the requested type

Thanks Marian,

here is the query list:

varMLPersonnel its a multiple line variable. 

this is regular expression:

this is what varMLPersonnel returns for me (users' LAN ID)

i:0#.w|tp\pykap;i:0#.w|tp\rmdavid;

workflow history:

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I suspect semicolon at the end of user list is causing problem - it causes last collection element is empty and cannot be converted to a valid user

try to split user list by following regular expression

;(?!$)
Accept as Solution Reply