An error occurred trying to authenticate the user.

• 3 September 2015
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

The rest of the error message says:

System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryServicesCOMException (0x80072030): There is no such object on the server. at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail) at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind() at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObject() at System.DirectoryServices.PropertyValueCollection.PopulateList() at System.DirectoryServices.PropertyValueCollection..ctor(DirectoryEntry entry, String propertyName) at System.DirectoryServices.PropertyCollection.get_Item(String propertyName) at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.ADUtils.IsOfObjectClass(DirectoryEntry de, String classToCompare) at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.ADUtils.DirectoryEntryAsPrincipal(DirectoryEntry de, ADStoreCtx storeCtx) at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.ADDNLinkedAttrSet.get_CurrentAsPrincipal() at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.FindResultEnumerator`1.get_Current() at SourceCode.Secur

This error appears to be limited to just one user.

Has anyone run into this before?

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi Hardie

What are you or the user doing when you see this issue? 

Badge +2

what solved the issue?

THANKS HAVING SAME THING!

Badge +12

Hello, may I check which version you are currently on? Has the user attempted clearing the browser cache?

Badge +2

yeah, furthur more I had the AD guys copy the users profile into a test account and I can observe the same behavior for this user. Its messed up and hoping a logical answer is found.