o365 Forms - How to fill multiple fields at once?

Badge +4

At a customer I'm implementing Forms (and Workflow) for Office 365.
I want to fill multiple fields in the form at once (from one source list in the same site) by selecting a value (list title) from a drop down list..

is this possible?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

If the fields don't need to be manually edited, you could use the Calculated fields, and the Lookup() runtime Function

similar to http://www.sharepointpub.com/nintex-forms-multi-language-form/

Badge +4

Dan. Tnx for your reply. This approach works great with Forms 2013 for SharePoint (onPrem).
Sadly Forms for Office 365 doesn't seem to have a Lookup Runtime Function...

Badge +4

Not being able to update multiple fields at once in a Form seems to be a showstopper for this customer.

I also have been trying this with SharePoint List Lookup fields, but they don’t appear as form controls..

Might anybody else have an idea to realize this?

Badge +4

Today I found a workaround.

When the user initially fills the form, it selects a value from the another list (default list lookup).
When the form is saved, it only saves this value.

On item creation I trigger a Nintex (Office 365) Workflow action (Update List item).

This action reads the value from the current item, and uses this value to uniquely identify this listitem and retrieve all the fields values from the other list. Then it sets these values in the Current list (which are Connected tot the 'read only form fields')..

Now, the next time someoopens the form, all values are filled...
It ain't pretty, but it works..

Fillingvalues.pngne