cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

People Picker Field value not displaying in Nintex 2010 Edit form in Chrome

Hi Guys,

I am using Nintex form 2010 version 1.7.0.0. I have created a from where i have used Prople Picker Legacy control. When the items are opened in the Edit from  in IE 11. But when the same item is opened using chrome the People picker field value is not displaying and it is showing as blank.

Any suggestion to make it work will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

B K

Labels: (3)
Tags (1)
9 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: People Picker Field value not displaying in Nintex 2010 Edit form in Chrome

I haven't seen this issue in chrome before. What version of Chrome do you have? Do you have any javascript restrictions? Can you show a side by side screen shots of the two browsers?

fhunth
Nintex Newbie

Try to see the page opening the Chrome Developer Tools pressing F12

Perhaps on that window you can see a client script error that is interfering the Nintex scripts

Not applicable

Hi Andrew,

Please find below the details:

I am using the chrome version : 47.0.2526.106 m.

Also, find below the IE11 & Chrome images attached.

IE11 Images:

PeoplePicker_IE11.png

Chrome Images: version 47.0.2526.106 m.

PeoplePicker_Chrome_47.0.2526.106 m.png

Thanks,

B K

Automation Master
Automation Master

It looks like the custom branding and the addition of the "Mandatory" to the field could have a part in it. IE and Chrome will execute javascript differently and could be why it is only an issue in Chrome. The rte.js error is unable to find it's parent element possibly because of added elements around the control. Can you set a break point in your additional code to catch it when it happens and see what was executing at that moment?

Not applicable

Hi Andrew,

As per your your consideration, i have made a OOB Team site collection with a custom list with two people picker control. This site is not having any custom branding & also the list is not having any custom code in the nintex form. I have just deleted one of the default People picker control and instead have added a legacy people picker control to connected to the previous field.

But still some issue i am facing , in the edit mode the data in the Leagcy people picker is not showing, though the error with the "rte.js" error is gone. Please find below the screen shot for your reference:

LeacgyPeoplePickerControl.png

Thanks,

B K

Automation Master
Automation Master

That is a very good test to make sure no other JS is in play. I'll need to run tests of my own but I may need some time. So let's see if we can expand our reach into the community for more help. Hey Christophe RaucqCarmien OwenEric HarrisMike MManfred Lauer​, Any ideas on this people picker control not working in Forms 2010?

Not applicable

My immediate thought is that I remember that Nintex made a change to the People Picker in Forms for 2010 from 2007 (worse, not better in my opinion). I’d check to see if this is an upgrade. I agree on checking if JS is getting in the way.

Then I’d check to see if the field is correctly connected. Then I’d rebuild a new form with just that field and see if I can get it to work on a completely new form. That way I rule out bigger issues.

Automation Master
Automation Master

Yes there were some changes, with many helpful improvements but had some side effects.

People Picker Extensions - Nintex Forms

"With the latest release of Nintex Forms 2010 v1.5.2 and Nintex Forms 2013 v2.3.2 released on 5th June 2014, we’ve provided a client side API to programmatically work with the new people picker control that was introduced in the last version of Nintex Forms."

claudiaurbanski
Nintex Newbie

Did you ever find a solution?

0 Kudos