Update Document Error: \Error Updating document. 'data/Proxy' has an invalid token.\"

• 5 August 2015
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

Good afternoon! I've created a workflow in Nintex Workflow 2013, that I'm hoping will update a document within a document set. I've used logic to get the URL to the document that I want to update, and I've added controls to the document and added it to the document set. I *can* successfully read from the controls. When I try to write to the document, I get the following error:

Error Updating Document. 'data/Proxy' has an invalid token.

A little bit of background, my control title is simply "Proxy", so it appears 'data/' is being added.

What are some things I can test to try and correct this issue?  Is this because the document is not a 'template', but is indeed a .docx?

Thanks in advance!

Andy

6 replies

Badge +2

Hi Andy,

Have you found an answer to (or made progress on) this question?

Lee.

Badge +3

I did, but not the approach I was going. I created a workflow for the document library, and at the beginning added a filter, to start based on content type, and document name. Then I added a token to my document template in the document set, like ghtry (or some string that is unlikely to appear next to each other), and then I said, if title contains “GHTRY”, update item…

So, to reiterate, instead of trying to update a document from a workflow that is running on the document set, I made a way for the workflow to only run on the document itself.

I hope that helps?

Andy

Badge +2

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your reply and information.

In my case, I'm working with a single document, and I discovered that the error message I got is due to the Update Document task not accepting spaces (" ") in the Content Control Title. Unlike the Read Document task, which does accept spaces.

FYI: My installed version is

Nintex Workflow 2010 (2.4.4.11) - English

Best.

Lee.

Badge +3

Whenever I have a problem with something not accepting a space, or formatting weird, I throw everything in a variable, and update from the variable. Does that make sense?

Andy

Badge +2

I understand your practice.

The issue is on the Word document side. A space in the Content Control Title in the Word document ,and of course you'll have to have the same title on the Nintex Workflow side (Nintex UI accepts the space), will create a mis-match and Nintex Workflow won't be able to find the token. It will result in the above "invalid token" message.

Thanks for your help.

Lee.

Badge +3

Yes! I encountered that issue. However that's a fairly easy fix. Just don't have spaces in the content control. happy.png