cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Pause For using business hours not working properly

Jump to solution

I am using SharePoint 2013 and Nintex 2013.

I want to send an email reminder every 2 “business hours.”  It is not working properly.  Below is a very simple test to demonstrate the actual results.

The list:

List.JPG

I create a new item and enter “1” into the Test column.  My loop should work until I change the value in the "Test" column.

The workflow:

Workflow.JPG

The loop starts, send me an email and should pause for 2 hours (business hours only).

The Pause For... Configuration:

Pause Configuration.png

When I check the workflow history, the Description should reflect the 2 hours, but the Pause time is always way to long.

Workflow History.JPG

In this case, the pause is for 17 hours instead of 2 hours.  As this was 9:16 AM EDT, it should have run again at 11:16 AM EDT.

The work week:

Work Week.JPG

It doesn’t matter if I use a 12 hour or 24 hour time format.

This should be very simple.  Does anyone understand why this isn’t working?

Thanks

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Pause For using business hours not working properly

Jump to solution
Hi,
When a workflow wakes up after a pause(re-hydrates) it is placed in the Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Workflow Timer Service to run.
The service runs every 5 minutes by default.
If the service is busy the workflow has to wait for the next 5 minute cycle and so on until the service is not busy and the workflow can be run.
What you are seeing is a performance issue in the environment.
The workflow timer service is so busy the workflow has to wait 15 hours to be run once it wakes up.
Stopping and Starting the service on all servers where it is found may give you temporary releif of this issue but the underlying issue needs to be investigated.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos