cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Passing list item ID from 1 Nintex Form to another

Jump to solution

Hello,

Is it possible to pass the ID of an item that is already created in a list, from one form to another Nintext form. I have FormA on list A that allows the user to view an Item and from FormA the user can click on a link that opens a create new item FormB on list B. I want to automatically set a field in my new FormB to the ID of the Item that was opened in FormA. I noticed that the ID of the Item being viewed in FormA can be found in the url so I am assuming I can grab the url and parse it to get the ID. How can I passing that ID to FormB and set a dropdown to that value? is there an easier way to grab the ID in FormA besides parsing the url?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Passing list item ID from 1 Nintex Form to another

Jump to solution

Hi Oscar,

Use java script on the button click, use this function in client click in advanced tab.

Insert Reference

NWF$(document).ready(function(){window.location.replace("{URL}/Lists/{ListName}/NewForm.aspx?FormAID=" +ID);});

Use calculated control and use getParameterByName("FormAID","") to get the id

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

have a look here on an example how to hand over and handle parameter over URL in form

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hello ‌!

Thanks for your quick reply! This is what I am looking for and I have tried implementing it but ran into a roadblock. I created a JavaScript button on FormA and assigned the first line of code you mentioned (added the url of a new FormB) - when I click on that button, it refreshes but I get redirected to the same FormA instead of navigating to FormB as specified in the window.location.replace(). Any idea what could be causing that? on a new formA when I click the button it tells me that I am missing values in the required fields, on view mode it just goes back to FormA. Thanks for your input! 

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I was able to resolve the issue above by using window.open(url,'_self'). Thanks!

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Oscar Pera‌,

I know this is an old thread, but thought I would ask. ...  When you said that you used window.open(url,'_self') did you add this to the end of the code, or replace part of the code with this?

0 Kudos