Conditional multi-select from list look up in Nintex form - SharePoint Onsite

Badge +1

Howdy,

I'm building a form that has a drop down menu of parent organization names (Org1, Org2, Org3, Org4) in a column in the current list upon which the form is built. Each organization has n-children. Example Org1 may have a three children, Org2 may have 10 children, Org 3 may have one, etc. I have a mapping of parent Org names and children Org names.

What I want is when a user selects from a drop down of parent Org names (e.g., Org1) that they are then presented with a checkbox control that has all of the children of Org1.

Parent Org1 names and the mapping can be in another list if it's necessary but I'm not quite certain how to go about doing this. The parent Org names and the child Org names get updated/changed multiple times a year so I only want to have to change one source. If it wasn't clear the data is tidy. I.e., parent:child is Org1:Child1, Org1:Child2, Org1:Child3, Org1:Child4, Org2:different_Child1, etc

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

You could potentially use a list lookup(https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nintex2016/current/#sp2016/Forms/Controls/Controls.Lookup.htm) that filters based on the org and has multiselect. What are you looking to do the data just display/allow them to select the child orgs?

Badge +1

The user would click new, be presented with a single-select drop down of Org-parents and then the form would populate a multi-select-check list of Org-children where Org1-parent, Org2-parent, etc have their unique children displayed.

So if the user selected Org1, they would get Org1-child1, Org1-child2, etc to select from vs Org2 they would get Org2-different_child1, Org2-different,child2, etc.

Org1 parent and Org1-children need to get store in separate columns of the list where the form generates.

Would the look up reference a local column to the form list (Org1) and query that Org1 selection in a second list that has Org1:Child1 as a remote query to another list? It's not clear to me how to do this.

THanks for your help!

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@exlibris The list lookup control allows you to filter a list based on the value of another control. So you would filter based on the parent lookup value selected and have a lookup for each column required configured this way.

8089i76887FF3B3649359.png