Updating InfoPath form

• 1 October 2009
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

I have a K2 process with Infopath template which save the document into a Form Library. I use the option to upload a document everytime a K2 task is submitted in the workflow. I need an item in the Form Library because the other people needs to have access to the summary view of the document. So everytime a new task is created then the user complete the task, clicks submit and the process overwrite the existing infopath form in the form library. This works fine.

The problem we are having is that when a user modify something in the task and the action is just to update the item, the summary view file doesn't have the data that was just put in the task. So I need to figure out a way to link the summary view file and the task file data together. So when a task is updated, the summary view file will have the updated data from the task and also the other way around ie from the summary view file to the task.

I have tried many different things from the K2 process and INfoPath but I could find the solution yet.

Any suggestions?

3 replies

Badge +8

The only option that I can think of for this scenario is to use SmartObjects in the form so that the data in the form is stored in some SharePoint list somewhere (rather than the form itself) and both the task form and the read only form are pulling the data in real time from the list.  This way there is no need to "synchronize".  

-Eric

Badge +6

Francine,

We are also working on the same requirement and we are storing all the data in the InfoPath form and Summary view (InfoPath form view) is created using the same data sources. So that when ever user updates data on his approval view, it automatically reflects on Summary view.

Change View to “Summary View” before uploads form into Form library @ each activity level.

code for changing View in workflow

http://www.k2distillery.com/2008/02/working-with-infopath-xml-and-archiving.html

/JP

Badge +2

Hi,

We used the following technique: we created also a summary view for the infopath, extracted the xslt transformation from that view, and created a small C# function with an xml input parameter (+ we added a reference event, and passed the infopath xml node), which runs that transformation and upload the created html document to a sharepoint document library. So the html file doesn't require the xns template to open it, and it works from all browser.

Regards,

Maxim