Default values for Choice/Dropdown field not showing In Nintex form after publishing

• 20 September 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I developed a NINTEX form for a 2013 SharePoint List Library. I created SharePoint List cholce columns and have binded/connected them to Nintex choice controls.  I also ensured that the control form's default value is connected to the field's default value in SharePoint. After publishing the form, the default value does not appear but instead "please select a value" (Note: when in preview mode prior to publishing form, I see the field's defalut value).  Also, when I do choose a value,  it does not save.  What am I doing wrong?

Pete

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,
If the value from the choice control is not saving to the list and the default value is not showing on the form this indicates to me that the control is not connected to the sharepoint column correctly.
Badge +2

Simon,

Thank you for replying.

Could you please take a look at my attachment?  Hopefully it's a simple fix.

I appreciate your time.

Pete

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
All that looks ok.
What about the column configuration in SharePoint?
Badge +2

Simon,

Please see attachment on the SharePoint set-up for the column.

Pete

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
That looks all good as well.
What browser are you using and do you see any errors in the the browser console?
If you create a new list with just one dropdown and a new form do you still see the issue?
You may need to contact Nintex Support support@nintex.com for further troubleshooting.
Badge +2

Simon,

I got it to work.  I was using Chrome and it had a couple of errors.  I removed a sticky header JavaScript code that I had applied to the list library before. 

Appreciate all of your help.

Pete