Current User people picker not populating when published

Badge +4

I want to make certain fields on my form only editable if the current user is the one named in another field, but none of the expressions i'm trying seem to work. I'm pretty sure it comes down to whatever is causing the following behaviour.

I built a form that has a calculated value to display the current user, as well as a people picker that populates based on the current user. When I preview, it looks like this (Username Redacted):

PeoplePicker1.jpg

However when I publish the form and open an item, it looks like this:

PeoplePicker2.jpg

Is there any reason why it would work in preview but not when published?

Thanks

Mish

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

how do you populate your people picker? by a javascript?

the problem could that you have disabled the control hence its reference variable is not created. if you open developer console can you see any errors?

Badge +4

I just set the formula of the default value to the current user.

PeoplePicker3.jpg

Badge +11

Very odd behaviour...

Any other rule or javascript function existing that could maybe disable your control? Did you follow Marians suggestion and took a look at the developer console to see if any error comes up?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

weird, it works for me this way.

I would check developer console, whether there are not reported any error, maybe from other formulas or rules.

Badge +4

I've got some javascript working a tiered set of drop downs at the top of the page (Trying to filter a list lookup based on two drop down selections ) but those fields are unrelated and unlinked to this one. Developer Console shows some warnings but no errors.

PeoplePicker4.jpg

Badge +4

I've got some javascript working a tiered set of drop downs at the top of the page (Trying to filter a list lookup based on two drop down selections ) but those fields are unrelated and unlinked to this one. Developer Console shows some warnings but no errors.

PeoplePicker4.jpg

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

what about those 'unmatched end tag', doesn't they break your HTML document? broken structure can prevent to execute some javascript(s).

can you sort them out?

the other thing I would try is to remove all your javascript code and tested the form without it.

Badge +4

I don't think they affect it,every other element on the form works fine, including lots of validation and formatting rules.

I'm going to try it again on a blank from for a different table on the same site and see what happens.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

have you succeeded with new form?

Badge +4

Did you ever find a solution for this? I'm using Nintex 2016 with same thing happening.

Won't populate People Picker control on Edit Form with default CurrentUser.

Classic form, no javascript, Preview displays fine. Very strange.