Displaying more than 1 column for a LookUp field in a form

• 10 January 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +9

For a form where I have a list lookup the user only sees the Title Column when selecting a value.  Is it possible to display a second column within the form for the List Lookup.  When I go to List settings for the lookup field I do have multiple columns selected, but they only display in a List View.

4 replies

Badge +16

do you want more than one field displayed in the dropdown, or just want to see additional information about the option selected?

Badge +9

I would like to see more than 1 field displayed in the drop-down.  Thus for the below - currently the user selects the title but I also would like them to see Create Date

Title    Create Date

Apple    01/11/2018

Orange  01/11/2018

Badge +16

OK what if you create a calculated column in your lookup list that concatenates title and created date with formula like this:

=CONCATENATE(Title," ",TEXT(Created,"dd/MM/yyyy"))

Then use the calculated column in the display of your lookup column?  Would that work?

I haven't tested the whole way through but something that could potentially do it?

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Would it be possible to take this concept where you display the calculated field but when you select your choice a different column is placed in the control.  Using David's example above, when you select the control it shows the values.  Then when you select the answer, then say "apple" is placed in the control.