Copy calculated field text to a lookup column with matching text

• 16 December 2017
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +1

Ok first time asking a question here, hope it makes sense.I've been racking my brain how to do this using nintex workflows or any other option. 

I have a list that has a calculated column called 'NewSetup'. I have another lookup column in the same list called 'NewSetup_lkup'. This lookup column points to a list that has a list of values that will match to the value of the calculated column. 

I want to copy the calculated value in 'NewSetup' to the lookup column 'NewSetup_lkup' that has the same text value as 'NewSetup'.

I realize lookup columns use IDs instead of text, that's where i'm stuck. Not sure how to update a lookup value using text to match that up with the ID of the lookup list.

Any guidance/recommendations appreciated!

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

with list workflow you can do it with (eg) update item action configured like following

211645_pastedImage_1.png

this updates value of NewSetup_lkup field of current item (one which workflow is running on) with ID of item from referenced lookup list (lkp1 in my example) for which value of (eg) Title field matches value of NewSetup field from current item.

‌ set lookup field by other field‌

Badge +1

Awesome! Worked like a charm, thank you so much!