How to automate deletion of old records in K2 forms (in Smartobjects)?

• 3 November 2017
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi,

Is there any built-in way in K2 to automatically delete records over 6 months old / 1 Year from Smartobjects?

If not, would it be perfectly fine to use SSIS to schedule a daily check to delete records from the tables using SQL commands?

i.e. Delete from table where the timestamp is < dateadd<year -1, getdate sort of thing?

Would this mess up any of the forms or k2 integrity by using SSIS to run some SQL to delete over records from the Smartobject data tables?

Also, the other issue i have is deleting PDFs. I use the PDF Converter tool to save forms as PDFs. These PDFs are stored in a Smartobject. How do I only delete

those PDF records which are over 6 months/1 year. The problem here is that the PDF Smartobject does not have a Timestamp field, just a ID and PDF column. Any ideas?

Thanks

1 reply

Badge +10

I put this post a while back and yest you can setup the custom view to reflect what you want form there execute safely.

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Ability-to-schedule-Loops-and-Workflows-in-BlackPearl/m-p/86451#M26656