cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

On the Nintex form, we have an action called " Repeated section", this does not pull out data from the columns from the list.

On the Nintex form, we have an action called " Repeated section", this does not pull out data from the columns from the list. When an item is added the columns with Repeated Section does not get automatically filled out. Please advise.

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: On the Nintex form, we have an action called " Repeated section", this does not pull out data from the columns from the list.

Hi Teresa,

which kind of field do you have in your Repeated section?

Are they calculated values or field connected to SharePoint columns?

Could you share some screenshot to understand better the misbehaviour? Do you use Nintex Form on-premises or on O365?

Giacomo

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: On the Nintex form, we have an action called " Repeated section", this does not pull out data from the columns from the list.

They are not calculated fields, they are SharePoint columns. We use Nintex form for Office 365. for example: I have a few columns on SharePoint like Task(multiple lines of text), Status which is a drop down, Task Owner which is person/group. When I use these fields on the form and submit these filled out fields do not appear on the SharePoint list and is blank. Hope this is clear.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Hi,

have you verified if your fields (outside the repeating section) are connected to the SharePoint column?

Inside the repeating section, I don't think it's possible to connect them (the form doesn't change the list structure and it's not possible to add fields on the fly..), one possible solution is to store the content of your repeating section in a multiline text column (see Repeated Section to Plain Text ) or to query in a workflow the FormData item property of the item (I suppose is a task based on the column name) to extract the values..

Giacomo

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

yes the fields outside of the repeating sections are working as expected. well I am still in the learning phase, can you show with screenshots please?

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Hi,

in Nintex Workflow you could create a text variable (in my picture called XML) and then use a set workflow variable

SetVariableToNF.PNG

In the picture I point to NFFormData of the current item properties, but if in your case the workflow runs on an item different from the item which has the Nintex Form with repeating section, you have to do a lookup to retrieve the property from the correct item).

Once you have set the variable, inside it you'll find an XML structure with all your form data, and you can do a Query XML action to retrieve what you need

0 Kudos
Not applicable

hi Giacomo,

nin error2.PNGI am still getting the error, Unable to get the output.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Can someone help me with this?

Jan EyresPhilipp LucasVadim TabakmanGiacomo Gelosi

0 Kudos
janeyres
Nintex Newbie

Please can you attach list templates for the lists you're dealing with?

Thanks

Jan

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Hi Teresa Teresa​,

I've tried with your XML and I've been able to use the QueryXML action to retrieve the values inside ProjectTasks

QueryXML.PNG

Then, if I try to log XmlResult (it's a collection variable) I get this:

QueryXMLLog.PNG

If you try the same settings, are you able to retrieve the values?

Giacomo

0 Kudos