Nintex Forms & Workflow Versions

Badge +2

How can I check I am running the latest version of Nintex Forms & Workflow?

Environment:- Office 365

Current Version Loaded:-

Nintex Forms 1.2.0.0

Nintex Workflow 1.0.3.0

Obviously the next question will be, if old versions, how best to update?  And any process that should be followed?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

You can download last version here >>> Support

Badge +2

Thanks Nintex Support but I have Online 365 license and as such my enquire was for Office Online 365 licenses.

The page you have given me access to holds downloads for on-premise installations and information on 365 but obviously I need to go to the SharePoint store to download for 365.

However, the version that I can see for Nintex are as following:-

Application           Version     Release Date

Nintex Forms         1.2.0.0       Oct 2013

Nintex Workflow    1.0.3.0       April 2014

Should I not see a later version?

Do I need to do something with the SharePoint set-up?

Is the About  information in SharePoint just out of date?

Badge +4

Hi,

The Office 365 products have two components, the app manifest, or the app that is downloaded from the SharePoint store, these are the products with the version numbers you mention above. The manifests only change when we need to ask for different permissions from the user, or that any of the components we include in the manifest (graphics and a couple of javascript files) and happens very rarely as you see from above. To understand what the latest version is you should check the SharePoint app store page for the relevant app. If an upgrade is available, you will see a prompt from Office 365 asking you to upgrade.

The second component is the backend that change much more often (monthly). We don't show a version number here, instead preferring to publicise updated to customers via the What's New Page in Workflow (coming to Forms soon) and the community release notes.

As a rule of thumb, you will ALWAYS be running the latest and greatest app backend, but need to check every now and again to see if the manifest has changed (Typically we will publicize this via the What's New Pages), but this is very very rare.

Hope this sheds some light.

Alex