cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

OUTDATED: Migrating/Upgrading - What you need to know

This blog post has been heavily leveraged but unfortunately is outdated. Please refer to the following Knowledge Base article for further guidance:

Migrating Nintex Workflow: A High-Level Overview for SharePoint On-Premises

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Best-Practices/Migrating-Nintex-Workflow-A-High-Level-Overview-for-S...

Labels: (2)
12 Replies
h_herrgott
Nintex Newbie

Re: Migrating/Upgrading - What you need to know

The link to the external document "Nintex for SharePoint 2016 Upgrade Guide" refers to "http://help.nintextest.com/en-US/nintex2016/current/Default.htm#NW-Upgrade/aa-top-upgradeguide.htm" which is an internal domain for testing purposes and can't be reached from the Internet.

0 Kudos
h_herrgott
Nintex Newbie

And it would be nice to get the external document in PDF Format like the other ones, too.

0 Kudos
pamela_denchfie
Nintex Newbie

Thank you for alerting us of the broken link. The link is now updated as follows. http://help.nintex.com/en-US/nintex2016/current/Default.htm#cshid=upgradeguide 

pamela_denchfie
Nintex Newbie

Thanks for the suggestion to provide the guide as a PDF. We will look at how/when we can provide this format.

pumpeltz
Nintex Newbie

Hi,
I am missing the information, about the best practice to migrate the both Nintex configuration databases (workflow and forms) from the old SP2013 to a new SP2016 farm. The SP2016 farm was build up from scratch, the SharePoint ContentDatabases are migrated via database attach method.  Should the old Nintex Configuraton Databases be migrated, or it's better to use new configuration databases?

Thanks,

Lutz

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Greetings Lutz,

It is best to use existing Nintex databases.  Oftentimes on the Nintex Workflow Configuration databases, there are site collections that have stored or store Workflow history.  Besides that, Nintex Workflow Configuration database contains User Defined Actions, Workflow Constants and Workflow Schedules.

If you need more help on this, please feel free to open a case with Nintex Support.

enrique_polin
Nintex Newbie

Hello Pavel, 

We are planning to upgrade to SharePoint and Nintex Workflow 2016 from 2013 and currently have an upgrade testing lab where we installed a new SharePoint 2016 farm, I am facing some errors regarding Nintex Worfklow 2013 solutions and weparts during the Web application content database attach, we would like to know if we have to install Nintex Workflow 2013 first, to get rid of the errors, or if the errors will be solved just by installing Nintex Worfklow 2016

Also I would like to ask, if we use a new Nintex Workflow Configuration databases what will happen to the workflows we created in the 2013 environment, will they be available and work in the 2016 environment?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Greetings Enrique,

For SharePoint 2016, you will need to install Nintex Workflow 2016.  

All workflows you create in Nintex 2013 will work on Nintex 2016 in SharePoint 2016.  

If you need further help on this please let me know, or open a support case where I can also assist you.

Kind regards,

muralimohan_red
Nintex Newbie

Hi, We upgraded Nintex from for SharePoint 2013 and we ran issue with form are not loading, below are the details any help here: we upgraded Nintex Work flow from 3.0.8.03  to .2.5.0 and  Nintex Forms from 2.3.4.0 to 2.11.2.2.

The error I can see as below: Object doesn't support property or method 'BubbleControlHeightChange'

0 Kudos