Setting up Nintex Sign

• 7 December 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I have a list with a work flow with a Document Geneneration action. Once the document is generated I send it to a document library with a name of [ID]-[Created By]-[Date] as a PDF. In the document library I have a workflow set up using Nintex Sign, to send the document out for signature. I'm having trouble getting Nintex Sign workflow to work.

The probem is with the set up of the Document section of the workflow action. It is asking me for the SharePoint URL or the Adobe Sign template. I want to use the SharePoint URL but it is looking for the URL of the document that is to be sent for signature. I don't know what to put in the area for the URL since the document name changes with each document generated (different document ID, created by name and date. I know the URL needs to end in .pdf but now matter what I try it doesn't work.

Any help is appreciated.5848i356039B18D4EF84C.png

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

You should be able to use variables to make it dynamic, you will ever need to query the file name or store it as part of the workflow and then potentially use a build string to make sure you get the correct format for the URL.

Badge +5

Got it working using

docLibrary/currentItem:Name (for use in forms)

in the sharepoint URL box