Is it possible to action a task on behalf of someone else?

• 19 August 2008
  • 3 replies

Badge +9

I have a user who is frequently away, and therefore unable to complete his tasks. Normally, he will have access to email, but not to our intranet whilst he is travelling.

Is there a way of allowing another user access to his task list (eg his PA), so that they can action his tasks?

What they would like to do is something like the following scenario:
Tasks are assigned to the user as normal
His P.A. looks in his task list, opens the task, and emails relevant details of the task to the user
The user email then emails back (or gives verbal instructions), and the PA is able to action the task with his instructions.

Can anyone tell me the best way of achieving something like this? I feel like there must be a way of achieving this, or a suitable workaround, so I am probably missing something possibly quite obvious.

Thanks in advance

PS. I know users can delegate a task or redirect a task, however the user will not have access to be able to do this since he won't be able to actually see his task list while travelling.

3 replies

Badge +9

The feature you are asking for is probably the out-of-office feature.  This feature is included in 0807 which should be released either end of this month or early next month.

This feature allows you to auto-delegate the workitems to the specified delegate based on the period he is set out-of-office.

The nice things is that both the original user and the delegate see the workitems.  The other nice thing is that the K2 administrator also is able to set or unset the OOO status for the users.

Badge +9

Thanks very much for getting back to me! looking forward to this release, as it sounds like it has a few fixes/features that I am waiting on.

I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my question!

Badge +11
Another alternative would be to add the P.A. as a second destination for the client event.  If the boss is in the office, the P.A. doesn't open the tasks.  When the boss is out, they will be in the P.A. can action them.