Bug with Infopath Wizard Post SP1

• 20 December 2007
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

If you click the drop-downs at any point in the wizard, nothing happens (drop-down doesn't render).  However, though you can't see them, the drop-down *is* there.  In other words, hit the drop-down (see nothing) and quickly click below the drop-down area and you'll randomly select something.  Please tell me there is a fix...

5 replies

Badge +3

Anybody else suffering from this? The drop-downs don't seem to render in any wizard template.

edit:  After further experimentation, the drop downs seem to be rendering BEHIND the window itself..

Badge +9

As I understand it, this is actually an Microsoft issue with the displaying overlapping layers.  Microsoft recently released a hotfix that addresses this issue.  Please refer to the below link for more information on this issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943326

Badge +3

That looks like the issue exactly, thanks.  However, the fix is for Windows 2003 and I'm using Windows XP.  I tried to find an XP version of the fix, but I can't find one.  Do you know if one exists?

Thanks,

Jason

Badge +9
I am not aware of one, but I will investigate.  If I find anything I'll post back here.
Badge +9

I asked around and was told this hotfix applies to XP as well (even though it doesn't state it).

HTH.