Allow only particular user to design the Nintex form and workflow

Badge +6

Hi ,

I need to restric the users for desiging forms and creating nintex workflow. Only site collection admin or specified users should have acces to design froms and workflows. 

Where i should make the changes for this?

Regards

Hema

7 replies

Badge +7

This is done via SharePoint permissions on the list/library or site level:

Re: Permissions to design form or workflow

Badge +6

Hi Chad,

Thank you for your reply.

In site level or list/library level if users has the design and above permission they will be able to create forms and workflows. But what is my requirement is, is there any way to define users who can only create forms and workflows like admin? If buisness users has full control then he will also create the forms and workflows, this should not be allowed.

Badge +7

So you want someone to have Full Control on a list/library, but still not be able to create Forms or Workflows? I don't believe you can separate these permissions. You could take a look at creating a custom Permissions Role to see if there's a way to break them out, but I don't think there is. 

Badge +6

Hi Chad,

Yes you are correct.. I found the way for workflow. but for forms i will have to work with custom permission.

For workflow, in nintex administration i can specify the nintex designer who can only publish the workflows.

Regards

Hema

Badge +7

Could you post a screenshot of where you found the setting for Workflow? It could help others in the future who come across this question.

Badge +6

Sure Chad. 

Navigate to Site settings, below you can see Nintex workflow option under that you have option called Allowed Workflow designers, there you can enter the names. Only those people will have access to publish the workflows.

219186_pastedImage_1.png

Regards

Hema

Badge +7

Don't forget to mark your question as answered. You can select one of your own comments as the answer if it fits best.