Workflow email Issue

• 16 October 2014
  • 7 replies

Badge +3

Hi K2 Community,

I have a real puzzel here, at least for myself. I have an action for SSIS that generates an excel report. This is being called through a Stored Procedure smartobject. Next I have a workflow that sends and email of tha attachement to the specified recipient. It was working properly before but now it only makes the call to the stored procedure. I attempted to debug it and went through the workflow process on workspace. The item says that the workflow completed but no email was recieved or from what I can tell sent.

I recently did a password change but I tested everything that same day and it worked. I really have no idea how to debug this when under Workspace there is no erro being logged or shown. All the workflow calls are successful. Does anyone have a clue as to how I could get more details or an idea as to what it could be? 

I restared my server and the servers that K2 is running on. Could it be that the mail server has changed? So thats why the tool cannot send emails? This is the only idea i can come up with.

Thanks for you help,

- Julio

7 replies

Badge +10

Hi Julio11,

Was the K2 Service account password changed?  That is typically the account responsible for sending email through exchange.

Regards,

Mike

Badge +3

Hi Mike,

Yes the service account password was changed. I made sure to check that. I even changed it to an incorrect password then changed it back to the correct password. Still I have had no luck.

Thanks,

- Julio

Badge +10

I'd reccomend starting by checking the windows event logs on the mailserver if possible to see if auditing picks up on an incorrect password being used.  If you're seeing incorrect login attempts,  You may need to rerun the K2 configuration to ensure the service account is able to communicate with exchange, and is using the correct password.

IIRC, the event ID for an incorrect password attempt is 529.

Badge +7

Hi Julio,

I'm guessing that you have an email event somewhere in your workflow? Or do you just have an email notification through a default client event?

Have you tried making an super simplified email event to see if you do get a notification or the same result? 

This is a shot in the dark but...

You could check your Connection String Editor in [installation directory]:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBinConnectionStringEditor.exe] and see if there's anything funky going on with the SMTP/EWS connection strings.

Badge +3

Hi Alyssa,

I have a workflow email event that I am using to send an email to the user. The thing is they were all working just a few days ago. There has been no change to the forms or the workflow itself. I have also checked the connection strings. I updated the password three times and tested right after. The only thing I can think of is that this account that is being used to send emails may have changed from and on prem account to an online account. Since it is referencing that incorrect mail service url its not sending the email.

Is there a better way to debug the workflow? Workspace tells me that the workflow passes but the email is never sent.

Thanks.

- Julio

Badge +7

Julio,

Have you seen this previous post at all? It might help lead you somewhere: http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/emails-are-sent-to-the-old-mail-server/td-p/60655

I would also check the HostServer logs to see if there are any errors popping up. If there was a problem with the password, it would note it in there but there could be other errors that will be able to help point you to in a better direction.

Badge +3

Hi Alyssa,

I was able to figure out the issue. I had to do a repair on our Mail Service. Our mail service changed from on-prem to online so the service URL needed to be updated. I updated it in the EWS Connection string but when I did an IIS restart it still won't work. So I ended up running the K2 Blackpearl Set Up manager and reconfigured teh EWS Connection Strings. Thanks for your help and you directions.

Thanks,

- Julio