No user profile found for user

Badge +3

I have a workflow that is sending a workflow for people that attend a meeting which the meeting holder input the attendees in a Nintex Form and then the workflow sends meeting notes to the attendees. Part of the workflow is to loop through the attendees and query the user profile service for finding all users First and Last names. 

I am finding an issue with this action in the workflow. For some reason some users cannot find the user profile for some users. I find if I add the user to a separate list this seems to resolve the profile there after. However, today I was looking into the details of a workflow that was giving this error about no user found and looking behind the scenes at the userInfo list the user was listed in the list. 

I am not sure how to resolve this issue. I am syncing our complete AD forest daily. We starting syncing all of the other subdomain since we were only syncing one subdomain previously. I thought this change would have resolved this issue however, I am getting these issues list above.

Does anyone have this same issue or know why this is happening? The list ID of the user that was complaining was 5396 and the last user in the userInfo list is 7625. 

3 replies

Badge +3

After digging into this further, I found the user account was migrated to a different subdomain. Previous the user was in us domain and know the user is in asia domain so this was causing the issue. 

Example:

AccountMigratedFirst NameLast Name
us123456Pre MigrationRichardHughes
asia123456Post MigrationRichardHughes

Does anyone have any advice for these transactions? The userInfo list still has the old account information for the us domain however, looking in AD the user account shows up in the asia domain. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

To update the information of your user have a look at the Move-SPUser-powershell command.

Move-SPUser 

Move-SPUser -Identity domainolduser -NewAlias domainnewuser -IgnoreSID
Badge +3

Enrico,

Thanks for this info!