Task form missing 'Delegation' link

• 22 April 2016
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

Yup...

AllowDelegationChecked.png

Nope...

MissingDelegationLink.png

Are there extra steps necessary to get the 'Delegation' link to appear on the form?

6 replies

Badge +16

ok so did you edit the flexi task form with nintex forms inside the workflow?

If I add a flexi task (it is a flexi task right?) and edit the form, I get this out of the box:

FlexiTaskApprovalForm.PNG

I don't very often edit the task form though...

you could add it in yourself to the form with the reflink="{Common:DelegateUrl}" by inserting a reference and using DelegateUrl under the Common tab?

Badge +3

Hi Cassy - the screenshots above are of an unedited "Request Data" task form. Perhaps "Delegation" doesn't display by default on that type of form template?

It appears that the reflink="{Common:DelegateUrl}" syntax only applies to the html in the email template.  So in order to incorporate "Delegate Url" on the form I implemented the Multi Line control.  The process isn't real intuitive so I've recorded the step below if this can be of usefor others:

Add Multi Line Textbox on form...

v01textbox.png

Insert "Common >> DelegateUrl"...

v033insert.png

Create anchor tag for control "Default Value"...

v02value.png

Confirm "type of text" set to "Rich text...hyperlinks"

v035insert.png

Set "Advanced >> Control Mode" to "Display"

v03control.png

Hyperlink now displays on the form...

v04hyperlink.png

Badge +16

Ahh so it wasn't the flexi task happy.png

I had a quick look and you're right, when you edit the form for that task it doesn't have it on which is a bit crazy!

Nice workaround.

Be sure to mark the thread as answered.

Thanks
Cassy

Badge +3

Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Three years later and it still doesn't seem to be fixed in the on prem version... Thanks for the 'solution' (workaround) though @scheevel 

Badge

Yep still an issue on-prem 3 1/2 years later! Bug was also replicated from classic forms to responsive forms. Crazy.