error when selecting infopath template k2 designer for sharepoint

• 2 October 2013
  • 6 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +3

hii all..

i create form contain approve reject button with rule set field value and submit data then i publish it to form library..

when i want to pick the template, i got this error message:

47w6.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

but, if i delete the button and use drop down list, no error.

thanks

6 replies

Badge +3

somebody help me

Badge +6

I guess you are trying to use custom buttons on the form instead of the default dropdown for actioning the task. Is that correct? It is not straight forward to replace the OOTB dropdown with custom buttons. The dropdown is filled with actions based on the serial number etc. You have to use K2 web services so that your custom button on the form does execute the correct action.

Badge +3

you're right..the submit button now can submit the form because i use submit workflow data connection. the new problem is when i create approve reject button, and i click that, i got error again but different.

in the form:

An error occurred while trying to connect to a Web service.

An entry has been added to the Windows event log of the server.
Log ID:5567

Correlation ID:e946eb7c-176f-4f08-8f5d-193e57b34a5d

the approve button have rule :

1. set field value
2. submit using data connection
3. Switch View

Badge +6

search the SharePoint logs in 14hive using the Correlation ID. You will get more details.

Badge +3

can i use radio button for approve reject action?

Badge +2

Hi,

In my workflows I use custom buttons to action the task. Let's imagine you have 2 actions - Approve and Reject.

You create 1 button with the following rules:

- set field value K2/Action = Approve (this is the xml field created by K2 when you associate infopath with a workflow. It is situated in K2 node).

- submit data - here you use K2 submit

- close form

The same you do for a Reject button. Mind that your values must be the same as actions you you set for an infopath client event in the wizard.

hope this helps.

best regards,

konstantin