- I have 2 panels one on the top of a form and one on the bottom off the form
- A field (dropdown) is connected to the same SP column.
- There is always one off the panels hidden (depending on the status on the form)
- When i use the dropdown in panel1 it does not save the value because it saves the value in panel 2, which is hidden at that time.
- When i use the dropdown in panel 2 it is saved correctly.
So basicly i need the same column edited on different places on the form.
So how can i accomplish that.
I als have nintex workflow if the solution can be found there.
Solved! Go to Solution.
as you have already noticed, this is not going to work.
to make it as easy as possible, any chance to design the form so that you add some 'common' panel and place that dropdown there?
if your form is too high and you need users see selected value at the very bottom of the form, it might be enough just to place there calculated control value that would show selected dropdown value.
off course we have thougt about having 1 field. But if that was an option i wouldn't have asked the question.
I the meantime i have found a work around with a hidden calculated field. That works for now.
Not sure how you did it but I simply added a Calculated Value which I connected to the single field and added the formula pointing to each of the choice box as seen below:
which means, it will take whichever entry it is from the three boxes.
By default each box is set to blank and also the checkbox is cleared if user changes the mind.
By doing this, whichever option is selected will be displayed.
Whereas connecting each box with the same fieldname does not work ...
More about clearing checkboxes: