Migrating SharePoint 2010 site collection to SharePoint 2013 existing farm

• 21 March 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +9

Hi All,

We are currently planning to migrate one of our site collection from SharePoint 2010 on premises to the already existing SharePoint 2013 on premises  by database attach and detach method. Following are my queries

1. I have read various posts regarding the migration to a new farm but in my case we are migrating the Nintex database  to the  farm with existing Nintex database .Is there any helpful post or the steps available so that the existing data on SharePoint 2013 farm wont get affected?
  2. Can we just migrate the Nintex content databases  or we will need configuration databases also? in this case can we split the configuration db?
  3. Vadim Tabakman‌'s reply to the post https://community.nintex.com/thread/2479 seems useful for my situation but I need some clear approach.

Cassy FreemanEric RhodesAndrew Glasser‌  Vadim Tabakman please suggest

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Most information about migration is merged here:

Migrating/Upgrading - What you need to know 

Nintex Workflow Backup and Restore 

Does it help you to decide which migration method is best for you?

Kind regards,

Enrico

Badge +9

Thanks for the reply.I got the basics for the migration but the main issue is regarding the configuration db that I don't want to migrate

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

There are references in the config db that will be needed to be moved. What is the reason you wouldn't want to bring it over?