What would make a Set Conditon stop working?

• 26 January 2016
  • 7 replies

Badge +5

What would make a conditon stop working?  I am using a State Machine the first branch is Sr. Leader.  At the beginning of this branch I have set a condition based on Resource Name, if the Resource Name is John Doe or Jane Doe the request is to be sent directly to the VP using the Change State.  For some reason the Set Conditon has quit working

7 replies

Badge +9

Hi Suzanne,

Can you post a screen shot of this branch of your workflow?

Do you mean, it worked before?

Regards,

Christophe

Badge +5

Yes, it worked previously.  We were recently updated to SharePoint 2013 I wonder if that has anything to do with the problem.

170270_pastedImage_0.png

Badge +5

170271_pastedImage_0.png

Badge +11

Hi Suzanne,

I recently witnessed a similar problem, where my "Set a condition" resulted in yes AND no. After ten minutes of banging my head against the table, I republished the workflow and this actually did the trick.

Maybe that could work for you too (i guess you can skip the head banging part). Did you ever try to just republish it?

Did you try to re-implement this condition action? Are other conditions in other workflows working fine? Do you get some kind of error code or does the workflow just stuck on that action?

Greetings

Philipp

Badge +4

We are upgrading so Sharepoint 2013 currently, and we've had similar issues where a workflow, prior working perfectly, suddenly starts doing timey-wimey-weird-stuff. (Usually getting stuck around a 'state machine' for no apparant reason)

Luckily we have someone around from XYLOS, and he suggested (and was right) reducing the workflow in size. Workflow up from around 700kb just started acting up, but not all of them. I'm just suggesting this because your workflow looks to have a fair size from what we can see here.

Splitting up our workflows actually fixed our issue. 

Badge +5

I did republish, didn't help.  Finally ended up creating a new workflow.  No issues now.

Badge +5

I ended up creating a new smaller workflow.