I have a list with 2 content types.
I created a Nintex form for the first, default type.
This form works as expected. I can create an item and edit the item.
I verified that before adding any workflows to the list. Namely, after the form data is submitted, a workflow starts and changes the item to the second content type.
Note. To verify correctness of the first form I used "Start manually" because I wanted to confirm that the item is editable in the first Nintex form.
After completing workflow, I see that the item has the second content type as expected.
Next, I created a Nintex form for the second content type.
It has new fields, some calculated fields.
I verified this form in Nintex From Designer both in Display and Edit mode. As expected
When I open the item that I created earlier in View mode, I see values entered in the frst form for the first content type. As expected.
when I switch to Edit mode (or select Edit from ECB), the form that opens is out of the box SharePoint form, not Nintex form
What I tried:
1. In SharePoint Designer, deleted EditForm.aspx for the second content type. It was one and default.
When I tried to edit the item, it complained that a default edit form is not present.
2. I recreated default Edit form;
- deleted Nintex form for the second content type
- generated a new one. I see the same behavior. Still see OOTB form.
3. I tried to use content type switcher ; it worked as expected but it did not have any effect on the issue
Solved! Go to Solution.
You can check what form template name is being used in the webpart. It sounds like taskform is being used. To resolve this try the following: