cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Workflow Hero

Nintex form - hide panel from current user if it is same as selected in people picker

Hi!

I have a problem with people picker field.

Q: How can I hide certain panel from current user if she/he is the same as selected in people picker -field?

When setting up a formula in condition there's not people picker control in Named controls even though it is named?

Urgent help needed

Labels: (3)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Nintex form - hide panel from current user if it is same as selected in people picker

Hi Sari,

You can achieve this by creating the Rules option in Nintex forms. Select the control which you want to hide then, Add new role> Condition > Select the people picket from Item properties and build the formula. "People Picker Column" is equal to "Current User".

Then Select the Hide option for this control.

Thanks

Arun

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: Nintex form - hide panel from current user if it is same as selected in people picker

Sorry, can't get it to work.  Let's say people picker field is called Maintenance and formula is...

({ItemProperty:Maintenance})=(Current user)

this is not working...

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Make sure you are using == in the comparison

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

({ItemProperty:Maintenance})==(Current user) not working ...Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi Sari,

The reason {ItemProperty:Maintenance} is not working is due to the item property field being empty until the item is actually created.

I believe you may be on an older build of Nintex Forms, as more recently, Form Designers can now use the People Picker named control.

I recommend upgrading to the latest build of Nintex Forms, located here: Product Downloads

Thank you,

Sean Fiene

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

I have this same issue and I cannot get it to work either I am using O365 for this

Investigator (Email)==Current User (Email)

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Your values do not equal mostly likely because your people picker value truly is domain\username  and your current user value is "I:0#.w|username".   You can use the runtime function substring with userEquals like this:

userEquals(substring(current user, 7, 50), PeoplePicker ControlName)

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

You can use the format value feature to get the email values with using substring. See Using the Format this Value Feature 

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any answer to this? I have the same issue with 365. It would be best if I could compare CurrentUser to Name text box rather than people picker, but if I could just get it working at all it'd be great!!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply