The wait operation timed out

• 18 January 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

I am facing the below error when I am trying to see the "Click here to show detailed view" of workflow information on the running instance. As I remember, I did not have this issue before and I can see it previous. Seems like it happens recently, but there is no changes on the configuration. Is there any time out setting need to check or increase? Does anyone has the similar issue on the On-Premise SharePoint 2016 environment? Appreciate for your kind advise.#

2 replies

Badge +6

The first thing to do is look at the number of records in WorkflowLog and WorkflowProgress tables in the Nintex content databases, update statistics and defragment indices there. Consider cleaning up completed workflows with NWAdmin PurgeWorkflow*** operations. Review workflow templates, especially large ones and consider hiding some of the actions from workflow progress so that the tables don't grow so quickly.

Badge +5

Hi Alexey, thank you for your advise. I have noticed, my issue is happening in one site collection but I can view workflow history in another site collection. Does the Nintex content databases store all the site collections workflow information? How can I see the number of records in Workflow Log. Is it need to check on DB or Central Admin? Our workflow is quite large and divided into sub-workflows.