K2 problem with Visual Studio 2005

• 30 July 2006
  • 1 reply

Badge
I downloaded the most recent release of K2 2003 recently and had it installed on a server ( I did not actually do the installation myself). I began to work through an example from one of K2's training courses and everything went fine (creating activities, interacting with Sharepoint, etc.) until I reached the step where I went to open VS.NET and open the K2 project. The problem is, Visual Studio did not recognize the.kps extension.

Instead, I selected 'compile' from the k2 studio menu and attempted to export the process. When I started a workflow, I received an Infopath error when I tried to submit the form in the k2.net task pane.

I'm new to k2 and not sure how much of all of this is attributable to a common problem. K2 does now work with VS.NET 2005, correct? If so, what problem would cause VS to not recongize the K2 project (so I could open and build the project there). I'm assuming that the 'compile' option in k2 studio is not the same as building the project, but maybe it is? I'd like to clear up the VS.NET problem 1st, then tackle the other errors...

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Mike

1 reply

Badge +4
K2 does not yet support Visual Studio 2005 / .NET v2.0, there will hopefully be Service Pack 4 available this month to resolve this

there are certain things you can get away with, such as referencing the K2ROM dll from a VS2005 project & using code to perform K2 functions, but officially the line is that it is not supported nor does it work

hope this helps,

Wes