Unable to connect to K2 server

• 20 July 2010
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi, I'm Business System Analyst new to K2 (but not new to ECM)

Also, K2 is new to our company and has only been played with by one developer who is no longer with the company... so it's not a production-ready environment... we just prototyping at this point.

We have a K2 Server (4.5) install. I installed all required client components and K2 Studio on my local pc.

When running K2 studio the following message displays on the lower status bar, "A connection to the K2 server could not be established".

Also, I'm unable to deploy, setup/admin users/groups/roles and run/monitor workflow.

I'm under the impression the handshaking (to the server) is established in Visual Studio 2008 via the "Host Server Connection String" environment options: Host Name, Host Port, Domain, Label, User Name, Password.

I am able to connect to the server (Remote Desktop) and I do have values for the following fields:

from K2 blackpearl Setup Manager: sql server (serverinstance), db name, user name, pass

from Remote desktop i have: computer (ip address), user, pass

1 reply

Badge +1

Problem solved. In MS Visual Studio environment set host name = app server; host port = 5555;