cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

Nintex for O365. Automatically continue the Assign Task action after a certain amoount of days

In Nintex Workflow for Office365 I used the "Assign Task" action. The workflow waits until the user has completed the task. But I also want the Workflow to continue automatically when the user doesn't complete after a certain amount of days. How can I achieve this?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Not applicable

Re: Nintex for O365. Automatically continue the Assign Task action after a certain amoount of days

Hi Peter.  The Assign a task action does have the exact functionality you are wanting but you may be able to emulate it.  The Assign a Task action has a section called Assignee Options with a check box "wait for task completion".  This box is ticked by default.  If you untick this box the task will be created but the workflow will go straight to the next action in the workflow and not wait for a task outcome.  You could then use a Pause for Duration action to pause for the number of days before continuing.  Once the pause is up you could then use a run if or conditional branch to check if the task was completed and its outcome and take the appropriate action based on the condition outcome.   Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply