Don't Require Approval from Originator

• 22 April 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I have a workflow that 4 managers can initiate.  After one of them submits a request the other 3 need to approve it before it goes for exective approvals.  I currently have them all in a K2 Role and have have an activity setup that uses Plan per destination > All at once which creates a slot for each destination.  The destination is set as the role so it creates a slot for each of the 4 managers.  Is there any way to eliminate the slot for the originator (which is one of the 4 managers)?

I've tried looking at destination set rules but I haven't found a way to assign tasks to only the 3 non-originators.

Thanks in advance.

James.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear ,

just in case no one found OOB solution for this scenario , i would share a solution since this is a small amount of destinations ,

u could create 4 roles in ur workspace , and in ur smartform , u check which one fired the process , and set the destination to the role that execludes this originator,

for example ,

A,B,C,D

A fired the process ,

u set the destination for the role that include B,C,D , and so on for others .

Hope it helps!

Regards.

Badge +1

Thanks for your thoughts Ahmad.

I kept working on it and ended up with a similar solution.  I created 4 roles and then used destination sets in the activity with rules to match the originator with the correct list of approvers.  It is much more hard-coded than I like for future maintenance so if anyone has any thoughts on an alternative way to do this it would be appreciated.