cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Nintex Workflow was unable to interpret your response. Please try again with a clear indication of your approval outcome.

Ok, so I realise this is discussed elsewhere, but I have not found any answers.

I have lazy approval set up, precisely as directed in the LazyApprovalGuide.

My issue is that when I first try to repond to a lazy approval task via email and I simply type y , I get a response as

This is implemented on a Request Approval Action.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nintex Workflow was unable to interpret your response. Please try again with a clear indication of your approval outcome.

Valid 'approved' responses are:
  - approve
  - approved
  - ok
  - y
  - yes

Valid 'declined' responses are:
  - decline
  - declined
  - n
  - no
  - reject
  - rejected

----------------------------
?y
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The curious thing is, if then reply again with y, the response is accepted and the approval action is set as approved.

The same thing happens in fact for every response I type in, Nintex is never able to interpret my response the 1st time anyone responds.

This is on SP2013 Enterprise. The list has incoming emails configured and tested.

Thanks in advance.

Ads

Labels: (2)
2 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Nintex Workflow was unable to interpret your response. Please try again with a clear indication of your approval outcome.

Ok, I can now reveal, that when this is done using Microsoft OWA, a carriage return is added to the 1st reply. Inexplicably. So this is the fault with OWA!

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: Nintex Workflow was unable to interpret your response. Please try again with a clear indication of your approval outcome.

We are facing the same problem! Did you ever find out why this happens and how to resolve it?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply