Get the actioner of an event

Badge +10

Hi all,

I am using custom auditing. In the first event of each activity that contains a form, i call a custom smartobject  to create an audit entry. I pass the activity instance Id (not the activity instance destination id) and the activity instance destination fqdn. In the second event I have a form event. After the form event I call another smartobject method and then update the previous audit entry, created in the event before the form event, to say this has been completed with this action. To this method I pass the activity instance id and the activity instance destination fqdn and action.

This works fine. How ever, if lets say the task was assigned to user 1 and user 1 redirects the task to user 2. When user 2 actios the task and compeltes it the audit entry shows the user 1 completed the task instead of user 2. The activity destination fqdn seems to be from the original user and not the new user. How do i reliably get who actually actioned the task (if it was delegated or redirected for example)

Thanks in advance

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi s0m3one

If these tasks are always being actioned by a smartform, then I would use the Current User details from the context browser to retrieve the name of the actioner (and pass that into your audit record) instead of relying on the activity instance destination.

Badge +10

Thanks for your reply,

That would also be anther option but that would invlove sending the activity instanceid as a paramter to the form so that it know which activity it need to compelte (as there can be parallel activites). However, after further testing, I did notice one thing, in some processes when its redirected the same activity destination instance filed returns the actual actioner. I havent worked that one out yet, till looking into it. Will update once i igure out whats happening. In the mean time, other ideas are also welcome.  

Update: This is very strange behaviour. Same process, it passes the original destination user sometimes and sometimes it passes the redirected user.