cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Nintex Workflow status different from workflow status column

Hi ,

I have a Nintex workflow custom action created and added to my Nintex workflow.

In the workflow, at the last part before the end workkflow, I have "Set workflow Status" to Completed.

After running the workflow, I see that the Nintex workflow has completed. I could see this by opening View Workflow History Page and I see it is under Completed Workflows section.

But the Workflow Status Column always shows "In-Progress" and the default SharePoint workflow status page shows that the workflow is "In Progress" status.

I see that there is a mismatch between the Nintex workflow status and the status in the workflow status column.

Can somebody help to find this issue ?

Also is there a way to forcibly update the status to completed for the workflows that are struck in the state that I mentioned above.

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Nintex Workflow status different from workflow status column

Hi,

Are you using Nintex O365?

Jan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Hi Jan,

I am using SharePoint 2013 On-Premise Nintex Workflow V 3.0.8.0

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Hi,

I don't think you need to explicitly update the workflow status with on-premise as it updates automatically, with O365 you do have to handle it in the workflow.

Jan

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Hi

Ok. I will remove the explicit update for the status column.

but does that help to resolve the issue that I am encountering.

Also is there a programmatic way to update the status columns in the list ?

Thanks,

Senthil

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Hi,

You'd need to check to see if any errors or pending actions were stopping the workflow from completing, if you've got a task awaiting approval for example.

I guess you could use PowerShell or another workflow to do an update, but you'd need to be careful that you weren't affecting a workflow that was already running against the list item.

Jan

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Hi,

The Nintex workflow history page shows in Completed workflows section but the Status column shows In-Progress.

So I am not sure if there is any sync issue between the Nintex database and Content Database.

If you see the attached screenshot it shows that it is completed from Nintex side.

Thanks,

Senthil

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Hi Jan,

Do you know which NW action or NWadmin command should I be using to update the status of the workflow ?

Thanks,

Senthil

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

I'd try the SyncTerminatedWorkflows operation, NWAdmin Operations - Nintex Workflow 2013

Jan

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Hi Senthil,

I am not sure if you have the same problem but what I experienced is when you remove and republish a workflow you could end up having two workflow status columns with the same display name. You can check this in the view settings. If you find two of these workflow columns just uncheck the current and check the other one and see if you get the correct status in your view now. You might also want to check for older workflow instances and delete them. You can check in Workflow settings - in the list or library go to the workflow section in the ribbon and click the top most "Workflow Settings". Here you get a list of all workflows published to this list including all of its previous versions and running instances.

Good luck.

Thomas