Renaming an Form from the Forms Generation Client event

• 10 November 2008
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Working on a simple smartobject process - not associated with a library.  I have an asp.net page that creates the object and starts the process.  This creates a task for a user.

Created a form with the Forms Generation WIzard - after deploying once I decided that I need to change the name of the form.  Changed the name in the same Forms Generation Client wizard that I started with.  Redeployed the process.  All new task links still point to the old form address.   ?????  I can see it in the folder ...CSWebsiteClient/website that it created the new form.aspx.  Also, If I type the new form name into the address bar, the correct form shows up, whereas the page that the link goes to comes up 404.

Basically, the link is wrong and I can't get it to update. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

1 reply

Badge +1

I guess I figured this one out.  If I reset the association with the WF in my SmartObject project under SmartObject Methods.  I go through editing the "Create" method until I get to the "Service Object Methods" - edit the workflow service method which then gives me the message "The Service Method is mapped to an inactive Service Object version. You must upgrade to the newest version before you can edit this Service method. Do you want to upgrade to the active Service Object?". 

If I say yes, continue through without changing anything, then re-deploy the SmartObject, re-deploy the process, then I can see my changes.  Seems weird since I didn't change anything related to the SmartObject itself, just the Froms Generation Client. At least I can get it to work now.