Multi Text Field and Update Document Error

• 16 February 2016
  • 8 replies

Badge +3

Hello,

We recently updated to Nintex Workflow 3.1.7.10 and encountered a problem.

I have a workflow that generates a letter using content controls and I am getting some crazy stuff for anything that uses a Multi-text variable as the input.

Example:

12345 Nowhere Ville, KY  1234512345 Nowhere  Ville, KY  12345

This is basically an address.  Where I take single text fields of Street, City, State, Zip, and combine them.  The output used to be...

12345 Nowhere

Ville, Ky  12345

So not only doubling up on the address, but also losing line returns that used to work.  Does anybody have any idea what is causing this issue?

Another more crazy example...

<div class="ExternalClassD466C08C2E92477F8C101F3DE00E2D40">12345 Nowhere Ville, Option 1  </div><div class="ExternalClassD466C08C2E92477F8C101F3DE00E2D40">12345 Nowhere  Ville, Option 1  </div>

I got this from the letter generating problem as well. Though the <div class=.... is something I saw in another workflow that crashed yesterday.  The div class stuff having not shown up in the multi-text variable before.  I believe this is more related with the variable then with update document.

8 replies

Badge +6

Hi,

I have seen this in the past and needed to put a Replace Text Regular expression control in the workflow. My variable was returning the same sort of thing. Here's the regex I used to replace the weirdness:

(<div class="ExternalClass[0-9A-F]+">)*(</div>)*

I'm not sure that this is still happening in our workflows, however.

Cheers,

Mark

Badge +3

Thanks for the response Mark.

That will help with the div class stuff that shows up.  Now to just figure out why multi text variables are giving me duplicate entries in update document.

Badge +3

I have been troubleshooting the problem a bit further and determined a few things.

I have not been able to determine if the issue is specifically with the multi-text field/variable or with the nintex update document action.  Somewhere between 3.1.6.0 and 3.1.7.10 it seems to duplicate the values.  I do not get the duplicated values in a multi-text field in 3.6.0 (though I am losing newlines/breaklines).  3.1.7.10 is where the issue is.

I have a production environment that is 3.1.6 which is how I figured this out.

The <div class=.... may be from the recent SharePoint update that was done.  I only get those values when I read from a rich text list column.

Badge +3

This has been identified as a bug by Nintex. They are currently working on fixing this issue and will have this repair in a future release.

Badge +3

Hello Benjamin Jensen​ - Have you find any ideas how to fix this problem? Because i have the same problem, but in my case i create a Update Document where the Rich Text Content Control in the document is duplicate the data.

This is what i want to have as result:

Name 1

Name 2

And this is what i take as a result:

Name 1

Name 2 ......................Name 1 .....................Name 2

Thanks in advance,

Kyriakos

Badge +3

Hello Kyriakos,

Unfortunately that is the exact bug I have had to deal with in the exact same format. You will find the same bug will happen in a plan text control where you allow multiple lines. The bug is specifically associated with multiple lines.  I have not had any word if they have resolved this yet and if the fix will be in the next patch or not. I have also not had any luck in finding any method on how to work around this issue.

We really need this fixed where I work.

Best of luck.

Ben Jensen.

Badge +3

Hello Benjamin Jensen​ - Thanks you so much for your response. If we find anything that will be works i will tell you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

The Problem has been fixed with 3.1.9.0 in July 2016. If you haven't updated yet I'd assume to do so.

Best regards

Enrico