cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bkuppens
Nintex Newbie

Nintex Workflow for SharePoint 2019 - Installer fails on executing InstallHelper.ps1

Today I was installing the 5.0.1.0 update for Nintex Workflow & Forms for SharePoint 2019.

I noticed the installation failed somewhere in the middle trying to execute a script called "InstallHelper.ps1".

. : The term '.\InstallHelper.ps1' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable 
program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.At line:1 char:2+ .'.\InstallHelper.ps1'; PostDeployNintexCommon_DataCollection -partic ...+  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (.\InstallHelper.ps1Smiley Frustratedtring) [], CommandNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

PostDeployNintexCommon_DataCollection : The term 'PostDeployNintexCommon_DataCollection' is not recognized as the name 
of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:25
+ .'.\InstallHelper.ps1'; PostDeployNintexCommon_DataCollection -partic ...
+                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (PostDeployNintexCommon_DataCollectionSmiley Frustratedtring) [], CommandNotFoundExcept 
   ion
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

The reason why it fails is because I have a custom PowerShell profile that includes a Set-Location to change the location to my scripts folder.

Obviously, the installer cannot find the script at the ".\" location at that time.
I removed the Set-Location from my profile script and tried the installer again... works like a charm.

So, this post is actually two-folded:

1. If you are using custom profiles, you might want to rename that profile script temporarily before executing the installer
  2. A call to Nintex to change the installer to execute powershell scripts using the -NoProfile switch.
Labels: (2)
0 Kudos