O365 Workflow Approval Help

Hey all! Need a little help here with an O365 workflow build. We are using "Start a Task Process" in the hopes of setting up an approval that needs ALL THREE of the approves to OK the item before moving on to the next stage. Problem is the workflow is APPROVING regardless if someone rejected. I've played around with state machine a bit, but am still getting an approval regardless if one person rejects. I thought about setting up a query, but am not sure if there's an easier way to do it (and not 100% sure of how to set up the query). I'm learning Nintex for O365 as I go, so any help would be incredible!!! Thank you!!!

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

There is an attribute named "Completion Criteria". In your case you should use "Wait for all responses".

Take a look at Start a task process 

I've actually had that criteria set as "wait for all responses". It's not sending approval emails before responses are received; it's sending approval emails regardless of rejection or approval status. Interesting, huh?

Badge +11

Help says:

Wait for all responses: The workflow will wait until all the responses have been collected. The outcome which received the most number of responses will be returned. In the event of a tie, the response that was received first will be returned.

That means in case one of your approvers rejects, it is still getting approved because two of them approved. Majority decides here!

"Wait for specific response" should serve you better. Configure it to wait for rejection (if one approver rejects it is rejected completely, isn't it?). If noone rejects the default outcome will be taken. So configure approved as default outcome.

Cheers

Philipp