cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Nintex Workflow Supported Browsers for the Designer

Nintex Workflow for SharePoint (2010 and 2013 and 2016)

Nintex Workflow 2016

Designer

To design and run Nintex Workflows.

• We support IE10, IE11 and the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Edge

Nintex Workflow 2013

Designer

To design Nintex Workflows.

• We support IE8.x, however IE9 and above is recommended
    • The "User agent string" option Microsoft Edge in newer versions of IE have limited support + requires December 2015 CU update or above.

Nintex Workflow 2010

Designer

• We support IE7.x, however IE8 and above is recommended
    • The "User agent string" option Microsoft Edge in newer versions of IE are not supported for this platform.  

Nintex Workflow for Office 365

Design and runtime

• We support IE11, Firefox (latest version) and Chrome (latest version).

Quick link to Nintex Forms Browser Support  

Labels: (1)
9 Replies
tomcastiglia
Nintex Newbie

Re: Nintex Workflow Supported Browsers for the Designer

I did some light testing with the Win 10 Edge browser in the designers for Nintex Forms and Workflow for Office 365.  I didn't notice any problems so far.  Is Edge "supported" yet for designing Workflow and Forms in Office 365?

Not applicable

Hi

I just wanted to check are other browsers supported at all?  From a previous post others are supported?

Nintex Forms Supported Browsers

I am using IE11.

Thanks

Karen

Not applicable

You'll find information on the supported browsers in the release notes:  Nintex Workflow 2013 - Release Notes​, Nintex Workflow 2010 - Release Notes​, Nintex Workflow for Office 365 - Release Notes

nhurst1369
Nintex Newbie

Hi Frank, is there a more specific page that lists browser support?  Those release notes pages have a ton of text on them and I didn't see a clear 'Browser support' section on those pages. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Not applicable

I'd do a cntrl-f search for the terms you want to read about. I know it says IE support was added in May, '14, for example. 

0 Kudos
cmikhaiel
Nintex Newbie

I'm using IE 11 on Win10 and just recently an update had run to update IE to version 11.321.14393.0.

This version technically crashes whenever we tried to simply navigate to any SharePoint 2013 site that had a workflow within one of the lists. (PS: "we"= was tried by 2 different people on two different machines and had the same result--> crash and application was shut down).

To resolve it, one of us had to check the OS back to a previous checkpoint to revert the recent update applied on IE to go back to version 11.187.14393.0.

I tried to add the site to the IE compatibility view to get it to work.

I have two different web applications on 2 different domains. I added both to compatibility view. One worked fine and the other didn't.

It would be great to speed up the process to support more browsers like Chrome/Firefox/Edge for Nintex on SharePoint 2013...

0 Kudos
jose_fidalgo
Nintex Newbie

In firefox when i upload files to the list, i need to fill a set of fields, but only the file name field appears to me.

In internet explore the fields all appear.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
vacoder
Nintex Newbie

Why is it so difficult to get a list of officially supported browsers for Workflow 2013 from Nintex? In the NW2013 Installation Guide the System Requirement lists:

Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.x although Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 or greater is
recommended

However Firefox and Chrome has been used with no noticeable errors. Is something wrong with Nintex QA that they are unable to  test browser support?

This makes it impossible to provide our clients with a list of supported browsers and Nintex should work to resolve this quickly.

0 Kudos
christopher_whi
Nintex Newbie

Hi Richard, that is a good point. I have amended the post to be more on line with what it was meant to address. The installation guide and this post had to cover both the designer and the user experience when starting a workflow or submitting a form. The Nintex designer of Forms and Workflow for versions of Nintex "pre" SharePoint 2016 had/has incompatibilities. That is the reason for the exclusion of browsers but if you viewed the experience just from the clients perspective. Opening forms or starting a workflow. You are correct you can use other browsers without issue. I have included a link at the bottom of this post to the Nintex Forms Supported Browsers which is a great resource and hope gives you the information you needed.  

0 Kudos