Forms calculated field lookup problem

Badge +1

Hey guys,

im slowly loosing my nerves with this one. I have a form where i need to gather various values from different lists and i have to use calculated formulas with lookups in them. 

The list is a collection of information from different companies. There is always the folder named like the company number and inside of the folder there are the items i want to have the values from. The problem is that i do not get any values when i lookup for items inside of the folders. When I lookup the folders themselves (filtered by the ID or the folder name) i get the item.,

Did anybody else face this issue and found out how to resolve it?

Greetings from Germany

--- Example

lookup("Listname", "Id", #FolderID, "Title") WORKS

lookup("Listname", "Id", #IDfromItemInsideFolder, "Title") Not working

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,
If you look at the Browser console while loading the form you will see the Lookup runtime function run.
[<View><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name='ID' /><Value Type='Text' >3</Value></Eq></Where></Query><RowLimit>1000</RowLimit></View>]

The issue is with the view tag. To look into folders it would need to be <View Scope='RecursiveAll'> or similar.
As this is the case it appears that the lookup function cannot do this out of the box and this would be a feature request. You can request the feature at http://nintex.uservoice.com.

I tried messing with the List name to see if I could add the folder but nothing seemed to work.
Badge +1
Alright, too bad. I got the items via javascript now. Its now basically a javascript application within a nintex form. Whatever, thank you for your reply!